Sounds like a memory leak somewhere to me. And/or maybe a race condition.

Maybe you can run one time with valgrind running?

== Rene

From: users [mailto:users-boun...@kannel.org] On Behalf Of Minh Tuan
Sent: zaterdag 28 september 2013 5:22
To: users@kannel.org
Subject: opensmppbox consume a lot of MEM

Dear all,

I need help as opensmppbox is consuming a lot of my server's memory. After
occupied 80% of RAM (total RAM is 2G), it's also eating 50% of swap memory
(total 3G) and increasing.

My configuration is:

Client -> opensmppbox(mysql dlr) -> sqlbox -> bearerbox(mysql dlr) ->
operator SMSC

Opensmppbox has 1 Client only, but he is binding 6 connections (via
Internet), with 50 short codes and ~30 TPS of throughput, connections are
lost few times per day (automatic re-connect).

Of course, i'm going to plug more RAM sticks in to server but i'm afraid of
it will not help in this situation.

Appreciate you guy can give me some advise and experience. Many thanks.

Nguyen Minh Tuan from Vietnamobile.