Hi,

I'm still surprised how kannel didn't take care of the installation
problems.

Try to google on your problem, you will found that there are many and many
issues with kannel installation from source especially when installing
SQL-Box.

My experience with SQL-Box and kannel was too bad, I changed my core to use
the kannel with HTTP submission because I encountered problems in certain
steps.

I've collected the below commands, and still, the SQL-Box is not a success
for me

cd /usr/src/kannel-source && svn co https://svn.kannel.org/gateway/trunk

# check the automake version to match it with sqlbox/bootstrap

automake --version | sed -e '1s/[^0-9]*//' -e q

cd trunk

mv configure.in configure.ac

cat /usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 /usr/share/aclocal/ltoptions.m4
/usr/share/aclocal/ltsugar.m4 /usr/share/aclocal/ltversion.m4
/usr/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4 >> aclocal.m4

echo  'AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIRS([m4])' > configure.in

./bootstrap.sh

./configure --disable-docs --enable-start-stop-daemon --with-mysql
--with-mysql-dir=/var/lib/mysql

make

make bindir=/usr/local/kannel install

cd addons/sqlbox

mv configure.in configure.ac

cat /usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 /usr/share/aclocal/ltoptions.m4
/usr/share/aclocal/ltsugar.m4 /usr/share/aclocal/ltversion.m4
/usr/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4 >> aclocal.m4

echo  'AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIRS([m4])' > configure.in

./bootstrap

./configure --disable-docs --with-mysql --prefix=/usr/local/kannel
--with-kannel-dir=/usr/local/kannel

make

make install

/sbin/ldconfig -v

Finally, there are no straight-forward to setup the SQL-Box with kannel yet!

Best Regards