Hello Kannel Gurus,

I'm finding it superbly challenging breakig the initial fundamental basics
of a learning curve in this product.   I guess the reason for this is
because there isn't very many high-level tutorials and examples available,
unlike a variety of open source SIP platforms out there.    So here I am,
putting myself out there,  asking stupid question,  ready for some online
hate and abuse, to try to learn something ;)

Installation of Kannel itself is not an issue.  Straight forward and to the
point.   But the fundamental building blocks, from what I have understood
is the following after many hours of reading and not being able to send a
single message yet.

So folks, please correct me if I am wrong.     The Kannel platform, appears
to be broken down into 3 sections:

1.  Bearer Box - This is the nervous system of Kannel.  I guess one could
call it the CPU of Kannel, the "core" of Kannel.   Hence it is under the
"group = core", and all related startup issues, success, failures etc is
logged in "/var/log/kannel/bearerbox.log".   I guess there are many other
parameters in this "group = core",  which are inserted and fine tuned as
required.   [ Please correct me if I am wrong and/or elaborate please,  for
better understanding for myself and anyone newbie reading this ].

2.  SMS Box - I guess sort of self explanatory, "group = smsbox" contains
all the configurations and parameters related to sending and receiving sms
messages???

3.  SMSC Box - With regards to this, I guess when we put group = smsc, and
then declare the smsc = smpp (or wap) or other parameters, I'm guessing it
is the "protocol" that is being used, with the port = (some port number)
declaration and necessary userid / password credentials for some SMPP
server or device to connect to you, or for you to connect to a SMPP box
(???).

My objective is to be able to connect with TWILIO, and other smpp service
providers on the long run, to be able to manage incoming sms messages from
other sms gateways, and also an actual cell phone or sms device with sim
card, connected to my Kannel.

Seeking knowledge and advice from the crowd, recommendations on books and
tutorials etc.,  both at the extremely high level,  and also at the low
level configuration examples.

Thanks!
Ray.