On Sat, 25 Feb 2023 at 12:00, <jdwi...@cox.net> wrote:

> How do I keep my server from "sleeping".   It shuts down, but power light
> is still on and nothing will bring it back
> except power cycling.  I've tried everything I can find on disabling sleep
> and hibernation but it still keeps "sleeping".
> What good is a web server that doesn't stay up and running?

Sleeping isn't normal behaviour for either Alma8 or Alma9 installed
servers. When the system comes back on is there anything in the logs which
says why it shut itself down. Reasons it might happen are:

additional configs or settings which make the system think it is a
workstation
system didn't shutdown but had a hard crash due to thermal, memory or other
hardware problem