On 07/28/2017 08:36 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 07/28/2017 06:33 PM, Temlakos wrote:
Thank you for that list. I was in fact missing some gstreamer plugins packages.
just tracked down and installed the missing ones, and now vlc works
again--picture
and sound.

Great.  I assume mplayer now works as well?

Haven't tried it yet. But the big thing I wanted to get working, was MakeMKV. So I could take an out-of-region disk, rip it, and enjoy its contents without having to shell out $600 US or more for a multiregion optical-disk player. (One-region players typically cost a mere fraction of that amount.)

Or buy another optical-disk burner/player and reset its region, either. Now I can put that decision off for a long time to come.

Temlakos