On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 14:18:16 +0800, ChunYu Wang wrote:

> Yes, I AGREE!
>
> But one of the key features upon NV cards is CUDA, which we cannot use
> it on other platforms. Though OpenCL is another solution to achieve
> GPGPU resolutions, but it is hard to learn and hard to use, at least,
> for me..
>
> - Chunyu

I can't use cuda on fedora either, because gcc that comes with fedora is
way too recent for cuda. I'm not sure now, but about a year ago gcc-5.2
was the highest version cuda would tolerate, and that was experimental.
Regularly it wanted gcc 4.9 I think. Don't know now, but I doubt cuda
will like gcc-7.x.