On 02/13/2018 12:44 PM, Stephen Morris wrote:
Hi Ed, just my 2 cents worth, I have the same setup as Patrick, and like Patrick I use the negativo17 repositories for Nvidia (I found rpmfusion to be not reliable enough with their binary files for nvidia), but I'm also using their repositories for Handbrake and Steam. I didn't have any issues with the repository name of Fedora-Multimedia, to me it was obvious what it was. Negativo17 supports multiple distributions and to me it makes perfect sense to name the repositories for the distribution they are for, the only source of potential confusion could be where he uses the same repository name for different versions of the same distribution.

Two comments. First, I've never used negativo17, but I've never heard anything bad about it. Second, my understanding is that you can either use it or rpmfusion but not both, to prevent conflicts. I've always used rpmfusion, which is why I've never tried negativo17.