On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 08:06:28 +1100
Stephen Morris wrote:

> My Nas Devices are failing to mount at boot time

I've never see any indication that the wait online
service works to achieve anything remotely useful.
There have been threads in this list with huge
long analysis of exactly what isn't working and
why, but I just move a lot of network related stuff
to rc.local with delays and it works much more reliably.

My /etc/rc.d/rc.local file now looks like:

#!/bin/sh
#
/usr/bin/at -M now <<'HERE' > /dev/null 2>&1
/etc/rc.d/the-real-rc.local
HERE

That solves a recent problem with systemd completely
screwing up rc.local by trying to wait on everything
it might start in the background. I move all my rc.local
processing to a separate thread of control where
systemd can't find it and screw it up.

Then in my /etc/rc.d/the-real-rc.local file, I can
put stuff like this:

#!/bin/sh
/bin/bash -c 'sleep 20 ; mount -t nfs -a' > /dev/null 2>&1 < /dev/null &

Much more reliable.