Background: F28 has been the first Fedora release that has given
troubles on a couple of old PCs (built for me by friends who speak
hardware; so I don't have specs) -- troubles which other friends
attribute to those PCs lacking hardware that F28 requires. I'm in process
of burning a live DVD (with MATE - Compiz) of F29 which I'll try with
them; if it seems to run, I'll try installing it.  So far, I think I know
at least roughly what I'm doing.

        But, to get to the real point, I also have an old T42 Thinkpad
which has been gathering dust. I'd like to do the same with it as with
the PCs. But, if there is anyone anywhere who can say at sight whether
there's any hope, that may save me considerable frustration. How about it?
--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.