On 11/3/18 10:19 PM, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
What is this io, and can it be stopped? I want to allow the disks to enter
low power mode (not spin down) when idle.

I'm assuming since it's a new RAID that you haven't created files on it yet, or at least not many. Try running "lsof +D /mnt/point" to see if there is any process looking at it. Then try running "inotifywait -rm /mnt/point" and let it run for a little while to see if you can catch some process accessing the fs. You will need to install "inotify-tools" to get that program.