Hello,
do you have the same version from Fedora repositories on both? You can
try also to run the jnlp from

https://josm.openstreetmap.de/

or even flatpack

https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.openstreetmap.josm

The speed of running can be also caused by the hardware (you did not
point out if the hardware is similar or completely different). There
are many possibilities.

Do you have some josm plugins installed? Cleaning up some configuration
directories might also help, but I never had a problem with JOSM
performance (except for the fact that it is a java application).

Regards,
Jakub

On Thu, 2019-01-03 at 22:05 +0100, Robin Lee wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a desktop and a laptop, both with fully updated Fedora 29. The
> laptop is a fresh installation while the desktop has been upgraded
> from
> previous versions of Fedora. And I have Josm installed on both.
>
> Now the problem is that on the desktop Josm has become really slow.
> You
> need some serious patience to use it. On the laptop it works fine as
> it
> did on the desktop before. I've tried to reinstall Josm, but that
> didn't help.
>
> Josm is a Java application.
>
> Any idea what could be wrong?
>
> Cheers