On 5/14/19 5:55 PM, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 5/14/19 1:25 PM, Tim Evans wrote:
First (minor), after final reboot, I was forced to create a new user, which is now the default user on the login screen.  Existing userid is still there, accessible via the "not listed?" link. Everything is intact in home directory.

You had to create a new user?  You got the initial-setup screens?

Yes. Could not proceed until I created a user.

How to restore my old userid as the default on the login screen?

After logging in, it doesn't show up in the list?
Is there a file for that user in /var/lib/AccountsService/users/?  If so, what is in it?

Original userid:

# cat tkevans
[User]
Language=
XSession=
Icon=/home/tkevans/.face
SystemAccount=true

Newly created user:

# cat evanstimk
[User]
Language=en_US.UTF-8
XSession=
PasswordHint=
Icon=/var/lib/AccountsService/icons/evanstimk
SystemAccount=false

--
Tim Evans                       |5 Chestnut Court
443-394-3864                    |Owings Mills, MD 21117