Hi

I'm on Fedora 32, but this problem I have had for a while.

The thing is that sometimes when I close vlc after I've watched some
video it doesn't terminate cleanly. That is there is still a vlc
process running in the background and it prevents the screen saver from
blanking the screen. So sometimes when I wake up or come home after
being out I notice that the screen has been on all the time. Not so
good. I have to go to system monitor and find the vlc process and kill
it, then the screen saver can again do its thing.

Can anything be done about it, except always checking manually that vlc
has terminated completely?

Cheers
Robin