On Sun, 2020-07-05 at 12:51 -0700, Samuel Sieb wrote:
> On 7/5/20 12:48 PM, Robin Lee wrote:

> > > Boxes will make it a DVD drive, not USB.
> > >
> > > Isn't Brasero only for writing to optical media?  Anyway, I would
> > > just
> > > use dd to write it to the flash drive.
> > >
> > > In a terminal (change sdc to whatever your flash drive is):
> > > sudo dd if=windows.iso of=/dev/sdc bs=1M status=progress
> >
> > Same result.
> >
> > Also tested creating a bootable USB-stick with a Centos ISO-file.
> > No
> > problem.
>
> Maybe that file can't be booted from usb.  Are there any
> instructions
> from Microsoft about how to do it?  I know I have done it a couple
> of
> times in the past.

Installer iso-files that couldn't be put on a usb-stick doesn't seem to
make sense. The file is called Win10_2004_English_x64.iso
After the iso-file is on the stick Gnome Disks gives the contents as
UDF version 1.02 and it can be mounted.

I have to see if I can find any special instructions from
microsoft.com, although they would probably not cover how to do it on
Fedora