On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 18:46:05 +0200, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:

> root@Orion ~]# dnf repoquery --whatrequires cpu-x
>
> Last metadata expiration check: 0:07:22 ago on Tue 29 Dec 2020 06:01:13
> PM EET.
> cpu-x-data-0:4.0.1-5.fc33.noarch

That query isn't helpful, because it doesn't show what you are interested
in. Instead, you want to run

  dnf repoquery --requires cpu-x

as to examine what the cpu-x package depends on. Among the libraries it
depends on is the offending "libcpuid" package.

> I deleted the cpu-x package and then
>

> dnf  upgrade -x=elementary-planner did the magic and the above upgrades
> were performed
>
> So my immediate problem ( not being able to upgrade packages at all )
> was resolved .  Though i think that i understand what you are suggesting .

That is a fallacy. As soon as cpu-x would be installed again, the problem
would return, since nothing has changed, and as long as the incompatible
test update of libcpuid remains available, you cannot update that package
since it would break dependencies. The way forward would be to either
rebuild cpu-x and offer it as an update, or to withdraw the incompatible
libcpuid package from the updates-testing repo.