On Sat, Aug 14 2021 at 07:50:54 AM -0300, George N. White III <gnw...@gmail.com> wrote:
The system has had this problem come and go with updates in the past, so not sure pipeware is to blame. Audio can go to HDMI, rear panel jack, or front panel. The front panel jack is supposed to detect whether mike and headphone or stereo is plugged in. Dell SFF seems to borrow from laptops, and investigating the device
switching problem I found reports of the same issue for Dell laptops.

I'm also seeing this on a non dell desktop where sometimes post upgrade it will start defaulting to the headphone jack.