I have a 27" late 2015 iMac with i5 processor and 16 GB of RAM. It runs El
Capitan just fine after wiping the drive and doing an Internet install.

This would make a fabulous Fedora workstation! However, I have had trouble
getting Fedora installer to run much at all.

I have an F38 install ISO dd'd to a thumb disk. On my Dell laptop, the
installer starts fine.

When I put the thumb disk on the iMac and hold <alt> during boot, I see "EFI
Boot" without issue., but every attempt I've tried to get it to boot or start
into the installer has failed.

Is there anybody here who has had success loading/running Fedora 37/38 on
Intel iMacs?

Thanks
Ben Smith