On Mon, 03 Jul 2023 20:19:00 -0000
Cătălin George Feștilă <myth...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> After installing with dnf5 I got an error like this when I try to use
> the vcpkg search  :
>
> error: Could not detect vcpkg-root. If you are trying to use a copy
> of vcpkg  ... you must define the VCPKG_ROOT ...
>
> Any idea?

There isn't really any documentation with the package, but you could try
export VCPKG_ROOT=/usr/lib/.build-id/d6
The above assumes it is the location of the library. But maybe it is the
location of the working directory?  There is also a script at
/etc/profile.d/vcpkg.sh
Maybe it is looking for one of these when it starts. The alternative is
to look in the code and see how it wants to use vcpkg-root.