On 08/05/2011 03:44 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> FWIW, I have never seen or heard of an audio CD being mountable.

It used to be that I'd get a desktop icon for an audio CD.  Now, I
don't, but it might have to do with XFCE, so I'll ask their fourm.

> It had been a long time since I actually did anything with a CD....  So
> I plunked one in and got exactly the same messages.  And then I simply
> played it with Sound Juicer.

I don't have that installed, but after a little experimentation with
Anorak, Audacity and Rhythmbox I found that mplayer would handle my CDs.
  Odd.  Thanx.  Will install Sound Juicer and see what happens.