On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Bruno Wolff III <br...@wolff.to> wrote:

> Upstream is pretty sure they know the causes of the kswapd issues. Two of
> the three patches should be in the latest rawhide kernel. So you already
> might see better results with that kernel. I would expect the third patch
> to make it in soon.

Thank for the heads up Bruno.
I am still booted in the 3.7.0-git kernel because
it is keeping the disks from sleeping or it is properly waking
the disks up before committing reads and writes.

However, because of the current kswapd, building a kernel is taking an
inordinately long time, so it will be likely 2 or 3 days on my old unicore
Athlon64 3700+ before I can boot the new 3.7X