You can use KDE perfectly well without removing Gnome (that's what I
do). If you only want KDE and not Gnome, you can install the KDE spin
available from fedoraproject.org.

Or, if you really want to customize things, you can do what I did when I did a complete re-install on my laptop: I installed from the DVD, selected Customize Now and installed the DE I prefer (Xfce) instead of Gnome. Not only did it avoid Gnome, it let me pick and choose instead of giving me only what's on the LiveCD.