You might try setting the env var OCP_OPERATIONS_PROJECTS in the fluentd
daemonset:

oc set env OCP_OPERATIONS_PROJECTS="default openshift openshift- kube-"

https://github.com/openshift/origin-aggregated-logging/blob/release-3.10/fluentd/run.sh

On 4/29/19 7:48 AM, bahhooo wrote:
Hi all,

In a setup (latest OCP 3.10) where logging-ops is enabled the logs of the
namespaces kube-system are not pushed into the elasticsearch-ops.The namespace
is annotated with

Annotations: openshift.io/logging.data.prefix=.operations
<http://openshift.io/logging.data.prefix=.operations>
openshift.io/logging.ui.hostname=kibana-ops.$URL
<http://openshift.io/logging.ui.hostname=kibana-ops.$URL>

I know that the logging.ui.hostname is for the link "View archive".  I thought
that logging.data.prefix is for the ops cluster, but as it seems it is actually only for
the prefix of the index.
I can see the kube-system indices in the application logging elastichsearch instance. However I cannot see the logs using kibana with kubernetes.namespace_name:"kube-system" having selected either .all or .operations.*

Is there a way of moving these logs (or any other namespace's logs) properly to
ops logging?

Best,
Baho