Hi

I have a project with module A that will be built with or without profile say
-Pnewlib , thus I can have it build with different version of library
dependency let's say by default use libjar-1.0 and when -Pnewlib will use
libjar-2.0.

Then, I have a module B to depends on module A. The issue is that how can I get
the right dependency in module B for libjar? I want to assemble a fat jar so I
need to figure out which version of libjar to include.

In my test, it seems to me that when mvn -Pnewlib install module A, though it
will build with libjar-2.0. but the installed pom do not reflect this. Thus
when module B resolve the dependency, it will resolve the dependency as
libjar-1.0 ( though when building module B, -Pnewlib is also passed in, But I
think this will not pass to the dependent package when resolve the dependency).

I don't want to have module B know anything about the libjar-1.0 and
libjar-2.0. it should handle by module A, and module B just simply call into
module A.

Actually, I think this apply the same if A and B are not modules in one
project, but standalone projects. In which case B will not define profile at
all.

So how can I achieve this goal? say, A take care of lib dependency when build
and install. B who depends on A, when assembly can retrive the right lib
dependency.

Best Regards,
Raymond Liu