On 7/30/2023 3:45 PM, Thomas Broyer wrote:
The easiest way to opt-in is to configure the plugin in <pluginManagement>
of the parent POM, and then only "apply" to chosen projects by declaring
the plugin in the <build><plugins> (only needs the groupId and artifactId
then)

Let me make sure I'm understanding what you're suggesting:

1. Configure the plugin in `<pluginManagement>` in the root POM.

2. Do _not_ add the plugin to the `<build><plugins>` section in the root POM.

Is that what you are proposing?

So then how do I publish the root POM itself to Maven Central? (That was the "catch-22" part in the description.)

Garret