On 10/16/2023 4:59 PM, Tamás Cservenák wrote:
You'd use Plexus?  In 2023?

I don't know what I'd use. I'm asking. I haven't written a Maven plugin yet. I'm just reading the latest documentation, and the [Plugin Developers Centre](https://maven.apache.org/plugin-developers/) seems to say at https://maven.apache.org/maven-jsr330.html that I either have to use Plexus or JSR-330, and you just told me I can't use JSR-330, so that leaves Plexus.

If I'm not understanding the documentation correctly, please point out what I'm missing.

…
In other words: whatever is "managed by sisu, should be max Java 14"
bytecode in current release Maven versions. Naturally, this does NOT apply
to ANY code, just those being JSR330 (and Mojo) annotated.

Maybe you are saying I can write a Maven plugin without using Plexus or JSR-330? So dependency injection in Maven Plugins is optional? The page at https://maven.apache.org/maven-jsr330.html makes it seem like dependency injection in a Maven Plugin is a common thing.

(Maybe your announcement makes perfect sense to those who have written Maven plugins before. In the meantime I'm reading the online documentation and trying to understand how this will affect me once I write a plugin.)

Garret