Hi Andrew
Thanks for quick response.
I tried using managed property but it still returns null.
I do have <ui:composition> in my code but what i was wondering is when i use
<ui:include> to include another xhtml file, if i dont have <html> and <body>
tags in this xhtml file then how can i use jsf tags to build my page.
Here is the snippet of my included xhtml file
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>

        xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets";
        xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html";
        xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core";
        xmlns:a4j="https://ajax4jsf.dev.java.net/ajax";
      xmlns:s="http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox";
      xmlns:t="http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk";
      xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core";

                        <t:saveState value="#{fqdnBean.fqdn}"/>
                                <h:outputLabel><h:outputText  value="Host Name"
/><h:outputText
style="color: #DD0707" value=" *  "/></h:outputLabel>
                                 <h:inputText  id="hostName"
value="#{fqdnBean.fqdn.name}" style="width:
230px"
                                                styleClass="required max-63" >

                                 </h:inputText>
                         </h:panelGrid>