Hi Dan,

Seems like this is a jvm issue.

Try this:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/unable-to-connect-to-ssl-services-due-to-pkix-path-building-failed-error-779355358.html

<https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/unable-to-connect-to-ssl-services-due-to-pkix-path-building-failed-error-779355358.html>
Diagnosis
Use SSL Poke to verify connectivity
Try the Java class SSLPoke to see if your truststore contains the right
certificates. This will let you connect to a SSL service, send a byte of input,
and watch the output.
Download SSLPoke.class
<https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/files/779355358/779355357/1/1441897666313/SSLPoke.class>
Execute the class as per the below, changing the URL and port appropriately.
Take care that you are running the same Java as what Confluence is running
with. If you used the installer you will need to use <confluence-home>/jre/java
$JAVA_HOME/bin/java SSLPoke jira.example.com 443
A mail server may be mail.example.com <http://mail.example.com/> 465 .

The jira.example.com <http://jira.example.com/> is your custom site. Add the CA
Certs