In case you or someone else wishes only to run, develop, start, stop, start over, etc., and doesn't care to authenticate a (non-production) installation, I have followed this since NiFi 1.14 and last used it for 1.19:

https://www.javahotchocolate.com/notes/nifi.html#20210716

If this doesn't work it's usually because the properties file has become too modified. Start over with a fresh download.

Russ