Hello,

I'm needing this functionnality too (except I plan to use Mapserver and
BIRT).

Extending on Christopher's code I've done the function below.

My problem now is that I'd like to render the vector layers too but I don't
really know how to do that.

Tchule.

function getURLforPrinting() {

                // Get Layer List
                var layersstring = [];
                for (var i=0; i < map.layers.length; i++) {

                        var layer = this.map.layers[i];

                        if (layer.isVector) {

                                // TODO : Vector Layer

                        } else {

                                if (layer.isBaseLayer && layer ==
this.map.baseLayer) {
                                        // Base Layer
                        layersstring.push(map.layers[i].params.LAYERS);
                    } else if (layer.getVisibility()) {
                        // Overlay
                        layersstring.push(map.layers[i].params.LAYERS);
                    }
                        }
                }

                // Get Bounding Box
                var extend = this.map.getExtent();

                // Build URL
                var stringforserver =
'<?=$mapserver_url;?>&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&Format=image/png&layers='

+ layersstring.join(",") + '&BBOX='+ extend.left + ',' + extend.bottom+ ','
+ extend.right + ',' + extend.top;

                document.getElementById('resultDiv').innerHTML =
stringforserver;

                window.open (stringforserver,'PDF');
        }