Web Kracked skrev:
Stephen Grant Brown wrote:
Hi All,

I have just upgraded Open Office from 2.4.2 to 3.0 on Microsoft Vista

I am now unable to set the default program for html editing to Open office

What have I done wrong?

Yours Sincerely Stephen Grant Brown

By your subject, I assume you are using Internet Explorer
and trying to make OOo the default program for editing?

You are doing this with Internet Options?
You are seeing only MS programs?

Same with my Vista 32-bit system.

I use KompoZer to do my HTML work.
I do not care to make it the default HTML editor.
I know it, so I do not need Vista to know it.
I create and edit the HTML files, then open the browser
to view it there.  I use FireFox for my default browser,
and have the IE tab add-on so I can see what it would
look like in IE within FireFox.

So Why do you "need" Vista know what the default editor is?

Use OpenOffice.org, or whatever you want to use, to edit
your HTML files.  Then you can use IE, Firefox, Opera, or
any other browser, to view what it looks like in them.

I need to do this since KompoZer does not know what to
do with scripts like JavaScripts.  I never have got into
using OOo for Web page Work.  I like to use dedicated
software for certain things like Web Page editing, or
plain text script editing.

Word claimed to be a Web Page editor, but the crap that
Word does to a HTML document should be a "web crime" and
it tends to make the working straight HTML 4.0 code, into
a mess with 4 to 10 times the number of lines that I started
with.  I tried it once with OOo 2.0 or 2.1, but I did
not like it as much as I should if I was going to change
from a dedicated HTML editor.

So forget Vista need to know your business, or at least
you will not use one of MS's products for the default
HTML editor.  MS Vista's Internet Options wants me to
choose from MS Excel, and two other MS products.
Microsoft thinks Excel is a HTML editor?  They are nuts!!!

So forget them.

Use OOo and do not worry.  I do not.

Tim L.
retired and tired of MS.
I have too much to worry about, so I do not worry about what
MS Vista thinks of my software use.