going to go into detail about the implementation.  Wrong audience for
that.

Joe

On 03/08/10 11:41, Tanstaafl wrote:
On 2010-03-07 2:50 AM, Lars Nooden wrote:
Despite earlier campaigns of
disinformation, ODF and OpenOffice.org are separate.  OpenOffice.org is
a program, with development led by Sun/Oracle.  ODF is a file format,
with development led by OASIS which has around 600 businesses,
government agencies, and universities taking part.  Some two dozen take
an active lead in the development of OpenDocument.

Yes, but other applications ODF support is often *very* different from
Openoffice.org's... meaning, the documents do *not* look the same.

As much as like the idea of ODF, it has not even come close to achieving
true cross-application compatibility yet.