Hi Strahil, I am not as confident as you are, that this is actually what the
single-node is "designed" for. As a matter of fact, any "design purpose
statement" for the single-node setup seems missing.

The even more glaring omission is any official guide on how to increase HCI
from 1 to 9 in steps of one, which for me would really earn the title "HCI".

Anyhow, adding additional nodes for compute is easily done by adding such a
node in the GUI.

Expanding the Gluster underneath to additional replicas, with arbitration or
full copies is also easy enough, once you have Gluster experience.

I'd rather doubt the GUI would help you there and what's worse, the GUI doesn't
easily tell you what it tries to do. By the time you've found and understood
what it tries from the logfiles, you'd have it done on your own.

Actually I find that it's much easier to replicate the storage setup on any
additional node via Cockpit. So install/enable cockpit, have a look on the
machine you're trying to replicate and set up LVM, VDO etc. based on the
original machine.

Doing the Gluster replicas based on that is much easier. That's also what I've
used to replace fully failed nodes on 3 node HCI clusters.

Now whether or not oVirt will then treat such a hand-made 1->3 node cluster
like a 3 node HCI built by itself is something I've never tried.

If I had successfully tested the 3 node to 6 and 9 node expansion, I'd perhaps
be more confident. But it could just turn out that without fiddling with the
postgres database in the management engine this won't happen.

But since you can re-install any host to become an management engine host,
again it may be worth trying (after all we'd all love to know if you made it
work!).

So Mathieu, bonne chance et j'espère que ça va marcher !