I've tried to re-deploy oVirt 4.3 on CentOS7 servers because I had managed to
utterly destroy a HCI farm, where most VMs had migrated to Oracles variant of
RHV 4.4 on Oracle Linux. I guess I grew a bit careless towards its end.

Mostly it was just an academic exercise to see if it could be resurrected... I
was much happier with the Oracle variant anyway.

And I've hit similar issues all over the place: the ansible scripts and/or the
python packages they interact with are utterly broken with now years of
completely disjunct bug-fixing going on.

The underlying CentOS 7 packages continue in maintenance (some more weeks to
go..), but the oVirt 4.3 on top has been unmaintained for years.

Since these are just sanity checks, I deleted all of them, one after the other
(and there is lots of them!), and I eventually got it to work again.

Don't have a single VM on it, though, because you can't trust it, the hardware
is ancient and it really was just a finger exercise at that stage. With CentOS
7 going out of support now, it's really messing with a corpse.

I'm currently operating Oracle's 4.4 variant running on their Linux, too, which
still has Gluster based HCI built-in, even if they don't mention it at all.

Just make sure you switch their Unbreakable Linux kernel for the Redhat variant
everywhere, otherwise you'll risk all kinds of nasties.

It's been way more stable than oVirt 4.3 ever was, but that doesn't mean it's
"enterprise": that was always one fat big exaggeration, withful thinking,
whatever.

And don't fall for their 4.5 variant, that came out end of last year: that one
doesn't support HCI any more and actually seems to fail withOUT their
Enterprise Linux kernels.

And no, it doesn't run on EL9 either, that might take another year or so, as
Oracle's oVirt implementation is almost a year behind oVirt at the moment.