Von: Kjetil Ødegaard <kje...@dcompany.no.invalid>
Betreff: Font operation takes a long time with 3.0.1
Datum: 04.12.2023, 16:21 Uhr
An: users@pdfbox.apache.org

Hi,

I tried to upgrade an app to PDFBox 3.0.1 and I see a performance issue.

It only affects the first PDF operation (after that it's quite fast), but
it's a bit annoying since it takes about 20 seconds (on my M1 Macboox).

Profiling reveals that this Kotlin code triggers the delay:

    val font = PDType1Font(Standard14Fonts.FontName.COURIER)

The thread dump shows that almost all time is spent in this method:

org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.FileSystemFontProvider#computeHash

I assume that this is related to PDFBOX-5684.

Is this possible to work around? Or is it possible to fix?

BR Kjetil