Hi,

I'm currently working on the Debian packaging of SOGo with the goal of
getting it into Debian. There has been a request for package here:
http://bugs.debian.org/584073. Some issues are raised there and I
found a few myself. The things I haven't solved yet are:

SOPE and SOGo use OpenSSL which is incompatible with the GPL due to
the advertising clause. There are only 3 places where OpenSSL is used
and it shouldn't be that hard to replace OpenSSL with GnuTLS or
NSS. Would a patch doing that be accepted?

SOGo includes embedded copies of ckeditor, scriptaculous and
prototype. According to Debian policy those embedded copies should not
be packaged and the system copies should be used instead. One way to
do this is to create symlinks from the original location to the system
copies. I tried that but scriptaculous has been patched in SOGo
because the location in SOGo wasn't what scriptaculous normally wants
and I couldn't get it to load. Another solution would be to always use
/javascript as location for the javascript libraries (and also avoid
patching scriptaculous). Then the Debian package can rely on
javascript-common to setup the /javascript dirs in Apache. SOGo can
then just ship a default apache configuration with a single
Alias/RewriteRule that point to the javascript libs provided by
SOGo. What do you think about this?

SOGo configuration file is currently in /home/sogo. For the FHS this
should be under /etc. A quick way to do this is to give the sogo user
a homedirectory of /etc/sogo, but I think that's bit dirty. Would it
be possible to use something like /etc/sogo/sogo.conf instead of the
GNUdefaults in the sogo homedirectory? Or maybe something like
/etc/GNUstep/Defaults? I don't really know enough about GNUstep to
figure out the best way to do this.

I'm trying to avoid having to patch a lot in the Debian package and
I'm willing to solve the issues cleanly in SOGo upstream, but I need
some directions for that.

Kind regards,

Jeroen Dekkers