Building a new mail server setup with SOGo. I think I have it down, however I'm
not sure I am entirely clear on how it all ties together. To make sure I am
running my plan by the community to get some input. Thanks in advance for your
time :)

I am planning to setup 3 Virtual Machines, each running Ubuntu 14.04 which is
well supported in a Hyper-V environment.

VM1 will give me a front end I can change out, upgrade, or build out multiples
of this VM for load balancing giving a good client experience without worrying
about losing data.

  *   SoGo
  *   Apache
  *   OpenChange

VM2 will give me centralized authentication and SOGo client data storage for
VM1 front ends that will not have to be changed out during front end upgrades.

  *   Samba
  *   MySQL

VM3 will give me the ability to provide traditional POP3, IMAP, and SMTP
protocols while also providing the necessary mail components for SOGo. Having
these on a separate VM independent from a user interface will prevent
degradation in the user experience during high IO periods.

  *   Postfix
  *   Dovecot

I already have inbound spam scanning, virus scanning, and DNS infrastructure in
place with our current mail services that I will expand out to use with the
SOGo .

Thanks,
Dave
Grolen Communications