Hi,

I have an existing 8.11.1 standalone installation on a windows server, and I
have been asked to make it run under basic authentication.

I have created security.json file in the solr home folder used the contents of
the sample on Configuring Authentication, Authorization and Audit Logging |
Apache Solr Reference Guide
8.11<https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_11/authentication-and-authorization-plugins.html#enable-plugins-with-security-json>

{
"authentication":{
   "class":"solr.BasicAuthPlugin",
   "credentials":{"solr":"IV0EHq1OnNrj6gvRCwvFwTrZ1+z1oBbnQdiVC3otuq0=
Ndd7LKvVBAaZIF0QAVi1ekCfAJXr1GGfLtRUXhgrF8c="}
},
"authorization":{
   "class":"solr.RuleBasedAuthorizationPlugin",
   "permissions":[{"name":"security-edit",
      "role":"admin"}],
   "user-role":{"solr":"admin"}
}
}

Which is supposed to create a user solr with the password "SolrRocks" with
admin privileges.

I restart SOLR and then click on Security and I am taken to a page that says

Current user is not authenticated! Security panel is disabled.

I don't get a log in window or anything.

Can someone tell me what I need to do next?

Thanks,

RICK HODDER
Staff Software Engineer
Global Specialty
[The Hartford]<https://www.thehartford.com/>
The Hartford
83 Wooster Heights Rd. | 2nd floor
Danbury, CT, 06810
W: 475-329-6251
Email: richard.hod...@thehartford.com<mailto:richard.hod...@thehartford.com>
www.thehartford.com<https://www.thehartford.com/>
www.facebook.com/thehartford<https://www.facebook.com/thehartford>
twitter.com/thehartford<https://twitter.com/thehartford>

addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.