Im tasked with setting up Apache SOLR to run under Authentication, while not
modifying the existing c# calls to SOLR.

The options available are a basic authentication plugin, and a kerebos plugin

When I try the basic authentication plugin I find that I need to change the
calls to SOLR to include the login and password

So Im trying to learn about kerebos, but I cant quite get my mind around it.

My understanding is that I need to set up something called a keytab file that
has a list of who the principals are that can access the application and then
you update something called the KDC have give those same principals

So I basically have a web api on one box, and apache solr on a separate box.

1.            I dont need to login with kerebos, right? so as long as the KDC
has the web api box and the solr box, and a windows user account (I'm thinking
of using the web api's service account), the back and forth between the servers
happen automatically (asking for a ticket, granting a ticket, etc)
2.            I dont need to change my http calls, right?
3.            i dont need to have a security certificate, right?

addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.