> On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 07:22:05 -0400 (EDT)
> Pat Traynor <p...@ssih.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if it's possible to install an alternate version of
> Spamassassin and verify that it's working properly before burning my
> bridge on the outdated (but working) version I've currently got
> installed.

It possible.

But this, of course, depends on your skills.
For example, if you ever need a newer Perl library/module, you will also
need to install it.

Why wont you try on a Virtual machine first?
Install the old Fedora and try it out.

That said, depending how Spamassassin is called, you will have it
working or not.

On some servers, the MTA directly submit to Spamassassin (via network
or not) with no possibility for a user to change the paremeters (path
or port), so you could also run into that problem.

--
RMA.