Just make sure that the html elements with a wicket:id in the different
html versions have the same hierarchical structure. If you need to skip
some components for one language but not  another it becomes a bit
harder. Then you'll actually need to add an invisible component for the
language in which you want to skip that component.

I am not sure InvisibleComponent is part of Wicket 1.3 already,
otherwise it is easy to create one by extending WebMarkupContainer and
overriding isVisible() (or call setVisible).

Regards,
    Erik.