Hi Ulf,

You use non iso8859-1 characters in the Java file. That is fine as long as you are sure you safe the file in UTF-8.

Nowadays you should be allowed to use UTF-8 in URLs. But don't count on it too much yet. Edvin's solution looks safer.

However, since you said that the problem only occurs with PageParameters, you should also check the encoding of the markup files. Make sure this is UTF-8 too.

Then again, it might just be a bug in PageParameters, or worse, in the servlet container.

Regards,
    Erik.

palun wrote:
(I´m sorry if this is the wrong forum for this kind of question. If so,
please direct me.)

Here´s my problem:
I set a page parameter for the page MyPage like this:

        PageParameters params = new PageParameters();
        params.put("str", "åäö");
        setResponsePage(MyPage.class, params);

I retrieve the value on MyPage like this:

        public BYNPage(PageParameters p) {
                add(new Label("test", "" + p.getString("str")));
        }

But on MyPage the string is displayed as "åäö" !!? Any idea why? (The problem seems to occur only when sending strings via PageParameters.) /ulf