Ah, the wonders of Weblogic.

My first Wicket app runs on Weblogic. A big problem was that the
datasource connection fell away after some time of inactivity. We solved
it by letting Weblogic run a test query every x minutes. We also ran
into very long lasting queries. Where database optimizations didn't
help, we solved that by simply not allowing complex queries.

Anyway, you should never let the pagelock expire. Wicket 1.2.* blows up
on you. I guess this is still the case.

Regards,
     Erik.