Hi Jörn,

-- Ids
This one of the exceptions in just taking existing HTML. Our designers also use jquery and solved the problem by using classes. Something like: class="idCommentForm". For jquery it doesn't matter much, and by including "id" in the class name the intend is still clear.

-- Wicket tags
This is all time high FAQ :) Do getMarkupSettings().setStripWicketTags(true) in the init() of your application class. (I still wonder why it is not the default.)

-- Url handling
There is a lot to say on this topic (and a lot has been said). Its best to search the lists and ask again with more specific questions. Mounting bookmarkable pages could indeed alleviate your problem. Mounting is typically done in the init() method of your application.

Regards,
   Erik.

--
Erik van Oosten

Jörn Zaefferer wrote:
Hi,

I've got a few rendering issues with wicket:

I'd like to use IDs to select elements via jQuery on the clientside,
eg. a form with wicket:id="commentForm" should also have
id="commentForm". Wicket generates id="commentForm4" or
id="commentForm5" - I've got no idea where that number comes from.
Specifying an id-attribute doesn't help, it gets overwritten. So far I
was unable to select elements via jQuery using the wicket:id
attribute, most likely the namespace and colon kills the attribute
selector.

In other words: How can I instruct Wicket to render and static id-attribute?

Another, similar issue: Wicket renders stuff like wicket:child and
wicket:panel into the HTML markup. While the browser ignores it, I
don't know why Wicket doesn't filter out those instructional markups
instead. Is that configurable?

All in all, I'd like to use Wicket without making it obvious to
someone reading the markup that Wicket is used to generate it. So not
tags and attributes with the wicket namespace should appear in the
markup - I'm not using Wickets Ajax stuff anyway.
For completeness, the action attribute of my form must be modified,
too. Currently the contain something like
"../?wicket:interface=:1:loginForm::IFormSubmitListener::". How can I
replace that, eg. mount a static URL for that form?

I guess most of this is easy to resolve and I just don't know enough
about Wicket, yet. Pointers or solutions are both highly appreciated.

Thanks
Jörn Zaefferer