Hi Vitaly,

That is correct. For primitive model values you need something like a map.

I think the DropDownBox was more designed for complex data where the
data to display is embedded in the model value itself.

Anyway, how would the addition of an index argument to the display
method help?

Regards,
   Erik.

Vitaly Tsaplin schreef:
   Hi everyone, Hi Erik,

   I am sorry for so late post. But am going to go back to our
DropDownChoice discussion.
   If you suggest me to create a list of integers and use a special
renderer implementation to retrieve a displayable value you should
take into account that in case if we have a list of indices we can
easily look up in an array or a list using an index. But if we have a
list of unordered integers for example to do such a lookup we need to
create a map and search this map every time we render a single option.
That comes from the fact that a relationship between a value and its
displayable equivalent is not obvious for a renderer. So I would ask
to add an index of an options being rendered to the getDisplayValue
method.

   Vitaly