Scott,

I am no core developer, but I think that creating a issue (preferably with a patch) would be the fastest way to success.

Regards,
   Erik.

Scott Swank wrote:
Bump.

Do any devs have an opinion on this?  Should I create a jira instead
of asking this on the list?

Here is a quick summary so that no one needs to read through the thread:

1. The ResourceNameIterator encapsulates the
style/variation/localization strategy
2. The ResourceStreamLocator uses it to find html
3. The ComponentStringResourceLocator uses it to find properties
4. The ClassStringResourceLocator delegates to the
ComponentStringResourceLocator to find application properties

This means that all four of the above must be implemented to use a
different strategy.  However, if a custom ResourceNameIterator could
be registered in IResourceSettings then 2, 3 & 4 would not have to be
touched.

Do the devs prefer to keep ResourceNameIterator an internal
implementation or expose it on IResourceSettings and simplify the
creation of atypical resource location?

Thank you,
Scott