Hi,

You can suppress the version number in the URL. Doing so will make the encoder always take the last version of the page (or create a new one when it is not present).

More details: http://www.nabble.com/More-on-wicket-url-stratergy-td18212748.html#a18273996

Regards,
   Erik.

pixologe wrote:
Martijn Dashorst wrote:
mount your page with hybridurlcodingstrategy

thanks for pointing this out... i've seen this one before, but somehow
completely  misunderstood how it is supposed to work :-/

still, it is not exactly what i had in mind, since it attaches a version
number to every url and AFAIK having the very same content accessible
through different URLs is something our beloved search engine sees as a
reason to decrease a page's rating...

But as I thought about it, I realized that it is just not possible to save a
page state without passing an identifier in the url... this would destroy
support for conflictless multiple browser windows within a session.

Thus, I will either have to go for one of the mentioned solutions.

Thanks for your input, it was very helpful :)