Yep, I did see that. However, it does not describe the type attribute Pills described:

Pills wrote:
3) may be a good improvement, maybe with a new wicket tag
(<wicket:component type="com.me.MyCustomComp" />). let's see what think
core developpers

Jan Kriesten wrote
Hi Erik,
Can you point to a place where this is documented? Its not on
http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/wickets-xhtml-tags.html.

actually, it is there. :)

---8<---
Element wicket:component

<wicket:component> - Creates a Wicket component on the fly. Needs a class
attribute. Though this has been in wicket for a long time, it is still kind of
an unsupported feature, as most of the core developers believe that this may
lead to misuse of the framework. Before heavily relying on this feature, you
might want to contact the user list to discuss alternative strategies. (THIS TAG
IS NOT SUPPORTED BY THE CORE TEAM)
---8<---

Since wicket:component has some issues (e.g. HeaderContribution doesn't work) I
build my own DynComponent some time ago (see my blog for details).

Best regards, --- Jan.

--
Erik van Oosten
http://day-to-day-stuff.blogspot.com/