Hello,

I am also using IDEA 8.1 but instead of the jetty:run I start the wicket app
with the Start [1] class that is part of the quickstart archetype.

Not sure it's necessary but in my Application class, I added these lines for
automatic picking up changes to the html:

getResourceSettings().setResourcePollFrequency(Duration.milliseconds(500));
getResourceSettings().addResourceFolder("src/main/java");

And for automatically picking up compiled classes, I am using JavaRebel,
haven't tried their latest version though.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/trunk/wicket-quickstart/src/main/java/org/apache/wicket/quickstart/Start.java
[2] http://www.zeroturnaround.com/javarebel/

Maarten