Hi,

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 2:08 AM, dtoffe <dto...@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>    I'm testing a small app about to enter in production, and I've found
> that performance degrades seriously in a rather small amount of time, even
> with one single session.
>    The first problem I guess is the lack of LDMs, I underestimated its
> importance mainly because the application is expected to have only a very
> small amount of simultaneous sessions (it's an intranet only app), but I
> will fix that tomorrow adding LDMs.

LDMs are key point to optimize when you have heavy model.

>    The app also has a refreshing behavior set to refresh every 120 seconds.
> The main page has two small tables, one of them is loaded by editing one
> bean in another panel, saving it to DB and refreshing the table (up to some
> 60-80 rows).
>    Doing a quick profiling using the app for some 30 minutes or so, I've
> found that most of the memory is used by PropertyResolver.ObjectAndGetSetter
> (80Mb), followed by char[] (26 Mb) and byte[] (23 Mb). Perhaps this hints to
> some known issue or mistake in my code ?
80Mb of ObjectAndGetSetter seems bit weird to me. Unless you have
really right model and PropertyResolver needs to cache lot of
accessors.

char[] might be buffers from redirect-to-buffer response, although
26Mb seems quite a lot. It's hard to guess without knowing more about
the data.

23mb of byte[] might be serialized pages cache in DiskPageStore. Those
are soft references (so they get freed if there is not enough memory)
and also there is limited number of them so the memory usage doesn't
grow with load.

-Matej