You don't have to use the spring xml config files to use Sprint Security. Just instantiate the beans from code!

There is a small catch, you'll need to know something about Spring callbacks. These are some interface that Spring will automatically call. These are: InitializingBean, BeanNameAware, BeanFactoryAware and ApplicationContextAware. Hopefully Spring Security does not depend on them.

But there are other options like jsecurity and lots of options on http://wicketstuff.org/confluence/display/STUFFWIKI/Wiki.

Regards,
   Erik.

Brill Pappin wrote:
Thanks for the heads up.

I'll have to look at the security project again, but one thing I really like about auth-roles is that is so amazingly simply to deploy... however, I don't use spring (I'm a detractors of frameworks that use metadata where code should be) so I don't think its going to be any use to me here.

- Brill